The Cod & Lobster, High Street, Staithes
A welcoming pub, right on the harbour serving good pub food.
⏲ Opening hours
- Open everyday from 9.30am for tea & coffee
- Lunch menu available 12pm – 3pm
- Evening Menu available 5pm – 8.30pm
☎️ Booking recommended in the evening: 01947 840330
The Royal George, High Street, Staithes
Located in the heart of the village, serving tasty food.
⏲ Opening hours
- Monday – Thursday 11:30am – 11:30pm
- Friday & Saturday 11:30am – 12:30am
- Sunday 11:30am – 11:30pm (Last food orders 8.30pm)
For bookings call: 01947 841432
Captain Cook Inn, Staithes Lane
Situated at the top of the village, you can enjoy guest ales and a varied menu.
- 7 days a week: 11am – 11pm
For bookings call: 01947 840200
Excelsiors Fisheries, 4 Staithes Lane, Staithes
Eat in or takeaway back to the house – delicious fish & chips cooked to order. You might have to wait!
- Tuesday: 4 – 7pm
- Wednesday: 4 – 7pm
- Friday: 11:30am – 1:30pm, 4 – 8pm
- Saturday: 11:30am 1:30pm, 4–8pm
- Closed on Mondays, Thursdays & Sundays
Dotty’s Vintage Tea Room, High Steet, Staithes
Step back in time at this delightful tea room & enjoy delicious cakes or afternoon tea. Dogs are very welcome too.
The Tea Shop, Staithes Lane, Staithes
It’s worth the walk at top of a steep hill. Serves light meals, snacks, homemade cake and hot & cold drinks.
The Sea Drift Cafe, Seaton Garth, Staithes
The small cafe is right by the seaside and offers hot & cold drinks, snacks and cake. Takeaway food & drink also available.
Ice Cream Van
There is often an ice cream van in the harbour/beach side
The Magpie Cafe, Whitby
Renowned fish and chip shop – well worth a visit
Trenchers Restaurant, Whitby
Another brillant fish & chip shop!
Estbek House, Sandsend
Two AA rosettes, with a menu that changes daily
Sandsend Cafe, Sandsend
Fully licensed cafe, with an amazing view
Offering traditional Indian & Bangladeshi food
Shanti Bistro, Saltburn
Vegetarian cafe & bistro
The Kings Grill, Saltburn
A mix of modern British and classical food
The Ellerby Country Inn, Ellerby
A welcoming, traditional country pub
The Royal Hotel, Runswick Bay
Situated in the centre of the village, serving good pub grub
Runswick Bay Tea Gardens, Saltburn
A tea room set in a secluded garden
How about a personal chef service?
Lisa Chapman runs ‘To Dine For’ and offers the following services:
- Private dining – she takes care of the menu, shopping, preparation, cooking, service, washing up, while you entertain your guests and enjoy the evening
- Home cooked food delivered – restaurant quality meal in your holiday home, offering great value and convenience